Tonight, at the very end of #FourHorsetober, here’s the interview we’ve all been waiting for, Mark Wandrey. It is his imagination that formed the idea of the 4HU and in so doing created a platform for all of us.
What is your quest?
I strive to be at the top of my genre, military science fiction. I want fans in my cosplay. Lots of them.
What is your favorite color?
I want my stories full of scenes people talk about, characters people hate, and mysteries people want answered..
What is the average flying speed of an unladen paint brush?
My biggest challenge has been finding time to write in quantity. I learned by quitting the day job as soon as I made enough. Jump in with both feet, take the plunge. If not now, when? If not late, why?
What are the powers of your personal Holy Hand Grenade?
My worldbuilding abilities are apparently among the best in the business. I credit that to decades wasted playing role playing games. Wait, maybe they weren’t wasted after all?
- Favorite Muppet? Animal
- Crunchy or Creamy? Depends if she’s blonde or redhead.
- Favorite Sports Team? All Blacks
- Cake or Pie? Yes please.
- Lime or Lemon? Lemon
- Favorite Chip Dip? Jalapeno queso
- Wet or Dry? Always use lube
- Favorite Musical Performer We’ve Never Heard Of? Meat Loaf
- Whisky or Whiskey? Neither, rum
- Favorite Superhero? Rogue (comic book, not the crap from the movies)
- Steak Temperature? (slightly above room temp)
- Favorite 1970s TV show? Battlestar Galactica
- Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall? Fall
- Favorite Pet? (provide pictures if you want) Valiente
- Best Game Ever? KOTOR
- Coffee or Tea? Tea. Earl Grey, hot.
- Sci-Fi or Fantasy? Sci-fi
What question(s) would you like to ask me?
What’s the drunkest you’ve ever been, and what did you do when you were in that state you are embarrassed about?
Rob’s Answer: Well, let’s get straight to the embarrassing part. The drunkest I’ve ever been was at a Pennsic. I actually didn’t drink that much, only seven IPAs in a several hour period, but there were complicating factors. It might have helped if I had actually eaten in the 26 hours previous to the beers.
And what did I do? Well, I said some things in public I should not have. It could have been worse, but I still regret it.
Tell me again where we can find your stuff?
And where can we find you?
- I’ll be a featured guest at Sphinxcon in Atlanta on 11/2-4 2018 http://sphinx-con.org
- Chattacon in Chattanooga on Jan 25-27 2019 www.chattacon.org
- And a special guest at Fantasci in Raleigh NC on 3/22-24 2019 http://fantasci.rocks/fantasci/
Do you have a creator biography?
Bestselling author of military sci-fi and zombie apocalypse, Mark Wandrey has been creating new worlds since he was old enough to hold a pen. Author of 14 novels, he has many more coming just this year!
Located in rural Tennessee, Mark Wandrey has been writing science fiction since he was in grade school. He launched his professional career in 2004 with the release of Earth Song – Overture. Now, 12 years later, he has more than 10 books out, including an unbroken chain of 6 best sellers.
Thanks to Mark for taking the time to answer my questions.
If you have any suggestions or comments about this interview format, let me know so I can keep tweaking it.
Also, thanks to you for reading. If you’re interested in any of the other interviews I’ve done, you can find them all here: http://robhowell.org/blog/?cat=326. If you are a creator, especially an independent creator, and you want to be spotlighted in a future interview, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, if you want to join my mailing list, where I’ll announce every interview, as well as what’s going on in my life, go to www.robhowell.org and fill out the form (Name and Email Address) or drop me an email and I’ll add you.
Have a great day.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
- Website: www.robhowell.org
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rhodri2112
- Blog: www.robhowell.org/blog
- Shijuren Wiki: http://www.shijuren.org/World+
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/rob.howell1
- Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/robho
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rhodri2112