Leave me a comment saying “Resistance is Futile.”
• I’ll respond by asking you five questions so I can satisfy my curiosity
• Update your journal with the answers to the questions
• Include this explanation in the post and offer to ask other people questions (I’ll also answer more, if asked)
These questions are from clairebearkl
1. What do you think is the biggest thing we’ll get out of the Staffordshire hoard?
Wow, what a question I should be prepared to answer but am not. I really haven’t looked at the hoard all that much yet from an academic perspective. Off the top of my head, I would answer however that I’m guessing we’ll get a much better understanding of the trade routes and production centers because it’s a major increase in the sample size of such artifacts. I think it will also continue to move along a current trend of not assuming immediately certain aspects about an object simply because of where it was found.
2. Someone asked me what drew me to Anglo-Saxons so I, in turn, shall ask you. What draws you to the Anglo-Saxons?
Tolkien and poetry and Maerwynn, essentially in that order. The Wanderer has been my favorite for a long long time.
3. What was one of your favorite things that happened in Calontir this year?
Wow, choices. The 25th Jubilee was an amazing thing, and I would say that, though I selfishly I have to admit that I am partial to the cup thing we did for Maerwynn and what she got to do at Gulf Wars.
4. What attracts you to heavy fighting?
I’ve always played sports, especially team sports. I didn’t get to play team sports much for a while before starting to fight, so it was a great opportunity to me. Also, I was often, despite the fact that I’ve never been slim or fast, the quarterback because I like controlling and leading a team so I have loved the leadership opportunities inherent in unit command.
5. What’s your favorite song to sing? (SCA or non-SCA)
To sing? Hmmm. I would say that my favorite one to perform is Faith’s Lessons Learned. My favorite performance piece is my Rose Poem, especially when Maerwynn is around, who helped me write the poem long before she thought she’d be queen. I’m starting to learn Kilkelly, because I’m wanting to do Irish sessions and that is an amazing song. Also, I’m really trying to learn Yew Tree for both SCA and sessions.