I sent a draft to my editors and alpha readers Sunday. It’s complete, except for the reveal and ending. I actually have several of those laid out and ready to go, depending upon who I decide is the villain. As I said last week, I usually have one in mind, but sometimes that just doesn’t make for a great ending.
One of the great things about getting a draft gone, I’m so excited that I have loads of energy that I get a bunch of the things I’ve put on the backburner completed or furthered. My email box went from 40+ on Sunday to 18 on Monday. In the last two days I’ve also written an amazing poem that I’ll post in a month or so, and a group of SCA scroll texts.
Later I’ll do some yardwork and clean house.
I sort of feel like the USS Enterprise, CVN-65, when she had to get somewhere faster than her escorts could go. With 8 nuke plants, she could make some good time, despite being around 95,000 tons. Her rated speed was 33.6 kn (38.7 mph; 62.2 km/h), but with a motto of “Eight Reactors, None Faster,” I think we can all assume she could do just a tad better than that, whenever she was unburdened by ships including ones nicknamed the greyhounds of the sea.
Sorry, I ship-geeked for a moment. It happens. Especially today.
Quote of the Week
I’m hitting send at 7:55am Hawaii Time. There’s only one quote applicable today.
“Yesterday, December 7, 1941—a date which will live in infamy—the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.”
– Franklin Delano Roosevelt
News and Works in Progress
- – Where Now the Rider is at the editors
- – Cleaning house
Recent Blog Posts and Wiki Additions
- – Nothing, I’ve been catching up. Wiki will be updated significantly next week
- – 10 December: Kris Kinder, Kansas City, MO
- – 22 January: ChattaCon, Chattanooga, TN
- – 27-28 January: Market Day in Birka, Manchester, NH
- – 3-5 March: CoastCon, Biloxi, MS
- – 12-20 March: Gulf Wars, Lumberton, MS
Today’s spotlight is Em Holbert, otherwise known as Emer nic Aiden in the SCA. She’s an amazing performer. Find her stuff at: https://emholbert.bandcamp.com/
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
- Website: www.robhowell.org
- Blog: www.robhowell.org/blog
- Shijuren Wiki: http://www.shijuren.org/World+of+Shijuren+Home
- Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/robhowell.org/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rhodri2112
Currently Available Works
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Bk 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Bk 2)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Bk 1)