Saturday will be the memorial for my dad. Yes, April 1st. Given his love for dad jokes, it seemed appropriate. Besides, it was a day the church had open. I’ll be saying something. Not sure what something yet. What does one say, really? I can figure out that Monty Python’s Dead Parrot sketch is probably inappropriate. As is just about anything from the Holy Grail. Beyond that? I’m sure I’ll come up with something, but I may not even know until I’m standing up there.
Glad the SCA has given me a lot of experience talking in front of people.
It’s been a productive week. Where Now the Rider is at the stage where I’m going through and inserting clues and red herrings so there’s a proper trail of bread crumbs. The goal, of course, is for you to have the possibility to figure out the villain, but make it very difficult.
My editor can take it at the end of April, so I’m going to finish a draft next week, take a break for a week or so, then polish it for a week before sending it to Kellie.
What I’ve done since I’ve taken my foot off that pedal is to start seriously plotting books 2 & 3 of the Kreisens series, the series that started with I Am a Wondrous Thing. The working titles will be Brief is My Flame and None Call Me Mother. These are working titles and might change, but I like them, especially with some of the tribulations Irina and Eleonore are going to face. I’m plotting both of them, by the way, because when writing I Am a Wondrous Thing I sort of floundered about in terms of pacing. I’m still mostly a pantser (a writer who writes by the seat of his pants), but at least having a basic outline might help. I’ve had nebulous ideas all along, but I want to firm them up some.
Why not have a holiday celebrating comfort, hope, and the return of spring?
– Rogers Hornsby
News and Works in Progress
- Finishing Where Now the Rider
- Plotting Brief is My Flame and None Call Me Mother
- Nothing new this week. I’ll be adding a batch of updates to the wiki to catch up with things in Where Now the Rider.
- 28-30 April: Planet Comicon, Kansas City, MO http://planetcomicon.com/
- 26-28 May: Conquest, Kansas City, MO http://www.conquestkc.org/
- 30 June-2 July: LibertyCon, Chattanooga, TN http://www.libertycon.org/
- 28 July-13 August: Pennsic War, Cooper’s Lake, PA http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn
Have a great week, everyone.
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Bk 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Bk 2)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Bk 1)
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org