Week of 14-20 May
Sorry for the delay this week. I’ve been wanting to wait until I could announce that Where Now the Rider is live on Amazon for Pre-Order!
Yes, Where Now the Rider can be ordered on Amazon at: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071462WXM
I still have one last editing pass to do. That’ll be done next week. The pre-order is listed as coming live on 3 June, because Amazon has a rather draconian policy about pushing back a release date but has no problem with pushing it forward. Makes sense, I suppose, but it means that every time I do pre-order options I’ll be factoring in an extra week just in case.
This has been an odd week for me, in that I’ve spent so much time on WNTR and this past week I’ve had to let it sit and work on other projects. There’s been a short story I’ve made progress on and some work on Brief Is My Flame. I’m going to start a couple more things soon, in part because I think I’m a guy who will be more productive flipping back and forth on more projects. Two books a year is nice, but certainly not enough.
I was saddened to hear of the passing of Chris Cornell. His voice was simply amazing, and Soundgarden’s Badmotorfinger is one of my all-time favorite albums. At one point, I loved much of the grunge movement, but in truth, most of that faded for me. I can’t even really listen to Nirvana anymore. The only bands whose music has remained strong and fresh were Soundgarden and Alice in Chains.
Outshined was the lead song on Badmotorfinger, and Cornell said about it once that it described how the most insignificant thing could take him from amazing self-confidence to the depths of self-loathing. Small things, but stuff that gets in his head. I’m much the same. The good news is that sometimes it goes the other way and a small thing can get me going again.
Humans are weird creatures, and I think I’m about the weirdest.
Even though I’m drinking
I can’t get any lower
Still I feel I’m sinking
– Soundgarden, Outshined
- Where Now the Rider: Available in Pre-Order https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071462WXM
- Brief Is My Flame, only 2k so far, but it’s going along
- About 3k into a short story
- Write Pack Radio http://robhowell.org/blog/?p=677
- Nothing added to Wiki after last week’s madness
- 28-30 April: Planet Comicon, Kansas City, MO http://planetcomicon.com/
- 26-28 May: Conquest, Kansas City, MO http://www.conquestkc.org/
- 17-18 June: Salina ComicCon, Salina, KS http://www.salinacomiccon.com/
- 30 June-2 July: LibertyCon, Chattanooga, TN http://www.libertycon.org/
- 28 July-13 August: Pennsic War, Cooper’s Lake, PA http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn
- 4-6 August: Confluence, Pittsburgh, PA http://parsec-sff.org/confluen
- 27-29 October: HonorCon, Raleigh, NC http://www.honorcon.org/
I’ve talked about him before, but I’m going to put Patrick McEvoy back in my spotlight. I think this is my favorite cover of the ones he’s done for me. It has the happiness of food, beer, friends, and a friendly cat, all with the unknown threat. He does a bunch of stuff, and you can find his art at: http://www.megaflowgraphics.com/
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3) Forthcoming 2017
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2) Forthcoming 2017
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3) Forthcoming 2018
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to email@example.com