Week 4 of 2019
I’m in Chattanooga at the Read House hotel for ChattaCon. It’s been a great week. I started the week with 50-some thousand words in a jumble. I ended the week with over 60k towards a book. I also cleaned up a bunch of things to match some of the universe standards.
In other words, I had a great writing retreat this week. I also made progress on re-editing The Eyes of a Doll.
Now it’s time for ChattaCon. Here’s my schedule
6pm: Revisionist History, Alternate History, and Historical Fantasy. Oh, my!
12noon: Shaved Werewolves and Other Oddities
2pm: The Book was Better
7pm: Benefits and Drawbacks of Traditional versus Independent Publishing
11am: Tudors with Machine Guns
1pm: Obscure Heroes
Lots of great stuff here, and I’m excited to be a part of it. I really want to thank Lani Brooks for letting me be a part of things here.
If you’re at ChattaCon, please join me. I’ll be giving away old SF magazines at my panel. This week’s phrase is: Anne Boleyn. You’ll see why in a moment. If you’re at one of my panels, I’ll give you a magazine if you’re the first person to tell me this phrase.
Current Playlist Song
Pellonpekko by Korpiklaani. These guys are a fantastic Finnish folk metal band and this is an amazing instrumental that I love.
Quote of the Week
Henry VIII secretly married Anne Boleyn on this day in 1533. She’s the first beheaded in this:
“Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived”
News and Works in Progress
- The Feeding of Sorrows (approx. 63,391)
- CB (8,418)
- AFS (2,556)
Recent Blog Posts and Wiki Additions
- Interview (Aaron Hollingsworth): http://robhowell.org/blog/?p=1644
- 25-27 January, ChattaCon, Chattanooga, TN
- 9-16 March, Gulf Wars, Lumberton, MO
- 22-24 March, FantaSci, Raleigh, NC
- 29-31 March, Planet Comicon, Kansas City, MO
- 31 May-2 June, LibertyCon, Chattanooga, TN
This week’s spotlight is on Aaron Hollingsworth, a talented writer and game designer. You can find his interview at: http://robhowell.org/blog/?p=1644.
Today’s Weight: Not sure
Updated Word Count: 13,870
Shijuren Wiki: 874 entries
Four Horsemen Wiki: 518 entries
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at email@example.com. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
- Website: www.robhowell.org
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rhodri2112
- Blog: www.robhowell.org/blog
- Shijuren Wiki: http://www.shijuren.org/World+
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/rob.howell1
- Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/robho
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rhodri2112
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2)
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3) Forthcoming 2019
- “A Gift of Crimson” in Hand of Gold and Other Stories (Pussy Katnip)
- “Where Enemies Sit” in For a Few Credits More (The Four Horsemen Universe)
- “A Sword for Striking” in Luck Is Not a Factor (The Four Horsemen Universe)
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org