Week 32 of 2019
Today we close the shop at Pennsic. It’s been a very good war. Sales have been good of the physical copies and I’ve already seen the Pennsic spike of e-sales. Really pleased about that.
Writing on None Call Me Mother has been consolidation work, generally. I’ve been editing what I had in part because I was losing track of the story. Too many trees, not enough forest. This seems to happen between 50-70k which means I’m right at that mark.
I’m getting excited as I get closer to the final battles that will conclude my first trilogy. I’m laying out the cool naval battle todayand the sequence where the final face off against the bad guy is almost entirely planned. It’s odd to have planned stuff, but that’s what thinking about a particular story for three years now will do for me, I guess. The big reason I’ve been editing/consolidating is to make sure I get those threads all in their channel.
Side note: Writing a trilogy is a bit of a different beast. I’m learning a number of techniques that will help for multi-book series in the future.
Anyway, we should be packed up and on the road tomorrow early afternoon. This is always a strange time. I love being at Pennsic. It’s productive and fun. However, I’m ready to be home.
One last thing. I was not, sadly, nominated as a finalist for the Dragon Awards. However, there slate of nominations includes a bunch of great stuff. You can vote here: https://www.dragoncon.org/awards/
Current Playlist Song
No music, but I’m hearing the passing conversations punctuated by the occasional cannon blast starting a battle on a lovely, calm morning in a Pennsylvania forest.
It’s actually a beautiful, calming time right now.
Quote of the Week
“That’s a really bad idea. Let’s do it!”
– My version of the unofficial Pennsic motto
News and Works in Progress
- JH (416)
- None Call Me Mother (approx. 60,000)
- CB (8,418)
- AFS (2,556)
Recent Blog Posts and Wiki Additions
- Been focused on Pennsic, so nothing else on the wiki
- 30 August, 2 September, Knowne World Cook’s and Bards
- 19-22 September, Ansteorra 40th Year, Cleveland, OK
- 27-29 September, Gryphon’s Fest, Defiance, MO
- 20-22 March, FantaSci, Durham, NC
This week’s spotlight is on Renaissance Arts and Designs. They’re the T-shirt vendor next to Calontir Trim every year. The gave up some of their frontage on the road so we could expand our booth. This version of the booth was significantly better than previous years, and I thank them for their generosity.
You can find their stuff here: https://renarts-design.com/.
Today’s Weight: Not really sure
Updated Word Count: Around 165,000
Shijuren Wiki: 874 entries
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at email@example.com. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
- Website: www.robhowell.org
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rhodri2112
- Blog: www.robhowell.org/blog
- Shijuren Wiki: http://www.shijuren.org/World+
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/rob.howell1
- Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/robho
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rhodri2112
Currently Available Works
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2)
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3) Forthcoming 2019
Four Horsemen Universe
- “Where Enemies Sit” in For a Few Credits More (The Four Horsemen Universe)
- “A Sword for Striking” in Luck Is Not a Factor (The Four Horsemen Universe)
- The Feeding of Sorrows (Four Horsemen Tales, Book 11)
- “A Gift of Crimson” in Hand of Gold and Other Stories (Pussy Katnip)
- “Far Better to Dare” in Those In Peril (The Phases of Mars)
- “The Chaos of Well-Seeming Forms” in We Dare
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org