Week 44 of 2019
From a writing standpoint this was a 2 steps forward, 1 step backward kind of week. I went through a significant chunk of None Call Me Mother and cleaned it up.
I also did some plotting and figured out yet one more piece of the puzzle to get all the actors in the final scene. I expect to see a huge step next week.
I’ve also started an editing project that I’ll talk more about in December.
We’re working on the house, as I often do in November. We got rid of carpet in our great room and have been laying bamboo flooring. The carpet was original, 1983 vintage, and it had seen more than a few battles.
Going to try and knock out a few more words tonight, so I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Current Playlist Song
Instead of music, I worked on this while watching Chris and Sheellah showing old pictures on their weekly CKP Facetime session. If you’re a fan of the Four Horsemen Universe, the Fallen World, or anything put out by Chris Kennedy Publishing, it’s a great way to interact with them.
Quote of the Week
This week’s quote comes from Kipling in honor of Veteran’s Day. Here’s the whole poem: https://www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/kipling/tommy.html.
O it’s Tommy this, an’ Tommy that, an’ “Tommy, go away”;
But it’s “Thank you, Mister Atkins”, when the band begins to play,
The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,
O it’s “Thank you, Mister Atkins”, when the band begins to play.
– Rudyard Kipling, Tommy
News and Works in Progress
- None Call Me Mother (63,637)
- CB (8,418)
- AFS (8,088)
Recent Blog Posts and Wiki Additions
- 14 December, Kris Kinder Market, Kansas City, MO
- 2-4 January, ShadowCon, Memphis, TN
- 24-27 January, ChattaCon, Chattanooga, TN
- 20-22 March, FantaSci, Raleigh, NC
- 12-14 June, LibertyCon, Chattanooga, TN
This week’s spotlight is on J.F. Holmes and his new shared world, JTF 13. You can find his interview here: http://robhowell.org/blog/?p=1814 and JTF 13: Origins at: https://www.amazon.com/ORIGINS-Joint-Task-Force-Anthology-ebook/dp/B07YR4QR18/
Today’s Weight: 394.4
Updated Word Count: 187,467
Shijuren Wiki: 874 entries
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
- Website: www.robhowell.org
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rhodri2112
- Blog: www.robhowell.org/blog
- Shijuren Wiki: http://www.shijuren.org/World+
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/rob.howell1
- Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/robho
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rhodri2112
Currently Available Works
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2)
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3) Forthcoming 2019
Four Horsemen Universe
- “Where Enemies Sit” in For a Few Credits More (The Four Horsemen Universe)
- “A Sword for Striking” in Luck Is Not a Factor (The Four Horsemen Universe)
- The Feeding of Sorrows (Four Horsemen Tales, Book 11)
- “A Gift of Crimson” in Hand of Gold and Other Stories (Pussy Katnip)
- “Far Better to Dare” in Those In Peril (The Phases of Mars)
- “In Dark’ning Storms” in To Slip the Surly Bonds (The Phases of Mars)
- “Here Must We Hold” in Trouble in the Wind (The Phases of Mars)
- “The Chaos of Well-Seeming Forms” in We Dare
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to email@example.com