Week 27 of 2020
The big work this past week is closing in on the final draft of None Call Me Mother. There are nine parts to it, chosen very specifically as the readers will see when they read it. Seven are locked down. Eight is coming along, and nine is sketched out, though I have yet to really do the epilogue.
In other words, getting there. I know I keep saying it, but I’m trying to eliminate as many loose threads as possible. This is more challenging than I anticipated because I’m collecting threads from both I Am a Wondrous Thing and Brief Is My Flame. This is a disadvantage to being a pantser and I suspect one reason GRRM never finished the Song of Ice and Fire.
Today is July 4th and I wanted to take a moment and wish you all a happy holiday. My sweetie and I are not doing too much different, thought we are going to liberate a carpet from a floor and put down bamboo in the next few days.
Next week, I’ll be trying to finish these last two parts in None Call Me Mother and get that ready for the editor. Because of my delays in production, I have no idea when the editor will get a chance to look at it, so I don’t have a release, but I’m going with baby steps right now.
If I need to step away from that for a day, I’ll be throwing the initial words down for The Ravening of Wolves, the next Foresters 4HU novel. I need to get serious words going on that, though I know where I’m headed with it.
With that, I’m going to finish another chapter. Have a great and safe 4th.
What I’m Listening To
A perfectly appropriate song for the 4th, Pantera’s Cowboys from Hell. I came to Pantera late, long after Dimebag had been shot, but they’re a standard for me now.
Quote of the Week
I’m not going to paste the entire Declaration of Independence here, but I find it’s a useful thing to read every now and again, as is the Constitution and its amendments.
The text of the Declaration of Independence:
News and Works in Progress
- None Call Me Mother (126,813)
- CB (8,418)
- AOOE (1,030)
- Cynewulf (2,473)
Recent Blog Posts and Wiki Additions
- Rob’s Ramblings (Portmanteau): (I actually had the opportunity to do a guest post on Mad Genius Club, and I went with the whimsical) https://madgeniusclub.com/2020/06/29/portmanteau-a-guest-post/
- Aithne ingen Reachtain: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Aithne-ingen-Reachtain
- Alemayehu: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Alemayehu
- Aleksander Dmitrovich: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Aleksander-Dmitrovich
- Akulina Ivanovna: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Akulina-Ivanovna
- Alexandrovsk: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Alexandrovsk
- 8 August, Olathe Writers Zoom Event
- 3-7 September, DragonCon, Atlanta, GA
(Note: I’m changing this to New Releases, in part because I know so many good authors now that I want to support, but also so I’m not constantly posting new releases on my social media. That would get annoying quickly.
- Blood War Chronicles, Vol. 1, Quincy Allen: http://www.quincyallen.com/blood-war-chronicles-volume-one/
- The Long and the Short Of It, Kevin Steverson and others: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C568KLR
Today’s Weight: 379.8
Updated Word Count: 80,206
Shijuren Wiki: 39 entries
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
- Website: www.robhowell.org
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rhodri2112
- Blog: www.robhowell.org/blog
- Shijuren Wiki: http://www.shijuren.org/World+
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/rob.howell1
- Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/robho
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rhodri2112
Currently Available Works
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2)
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3) Forthcoming 2020
- “What’s in a Name” in When Valor Must Hold (An Edward prequel story)
Four Horsemen Universe
- “Where Enemies Sit” in For a Few Credits More (The Four Horsemen Universe)
- “A Sword for Striking” in Luck Is Not a Factor (The Four Horsemen Universe)
- The Feeding of Sorrows (Four Horsemen Tales, Book 11)
The Phases of Mars
- “Far Better to Dare” in Those In Peril
- “In Dark’ning Storms” in To Slip the Surly Bonds
- “Here Must We Hold” in Trouble in the Wind
- “A Gift of Crimson” in Hand of Gold and Other Stories (Pussy Katnip)
- “The Chaos of Well-Seeming Forms” in We Dare
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to email@example.com