Chris Kennedy has given many indie writers such as myself a bunch of opportunities. The world of SF is far better for having him be a part of it.
Interview: Chris Kennedy
This week’s interview is with Chris Kennedy, who has shown many of us how to be an independent writer. He’s written several series of his own, founded a publishing company that supports other independent authors, and, along with Mark Wandrey, started the Four Horsemen Universe of which I’ve contributed.
He’s taught me quite a bit already, and I suggest you listen to him and watch what he does.
What is your quest?
I want to sell a million books. Failing that, I want to help my authors sell ten million books.
What is your favorite color?
Science fiction…with a side of fantasy.
What is the average flying speed of an unladen paint brush?
Not coming from a writing background, I had to learn to do it right. I read blogs for 15 minutes a day for four years to help develop my craft and my ability to sell more books. I’m still not totally where I want to be, but I’m a much better writer than when I started, and I’m a lot closer to the goal.
What are the powers of your personal Holy Hand Grenade?
I like writing gritty combat and a good motivational speech once in a while.
- Favorite Muppet? Animal.
- Crunchy or Creamy? Definitely crunchy. I don’t know why they make that other stuff.
- Favorite Sports Team? UNC Tarheels basketball (despite their showing in the NCAAs last year), NY Yankees baseball, and Atlanta Falcons football.
- Cake or Pie? Pie…but why can’t I have both?
- Lime or Lemon? Lemon…because you can put it in Corona and make it taste better.
- Favorite Chip Dip? Helluva Good Sour Cream and Onion
- Wet or Dry? Sopping wet. (Rob’s Note: He’s a Navy guy)
- Favorite Musical Performer We’ve Never Heard Of? Two Steps from Hell. Outstanding for combat writing music.
- Whisky or Whiskey? Bud Light. (Rob’s Note: Sigh)
- Favorite Superhero? Gal Gadot Wonder Woman. Because Gal Gadot.
- Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall? Fall
- Best Game Ever? In # of hours played? Everquest.
- Coffee or Tea? Diet Pepsi
- Sci-Fi or Fantasy? Scifi, with a side of fantasy.
What question(s) would you like to ask me?
How many MAC rounds can a trooper survive?
Rob’s Answer: If we’re talking a magnetically accelerated piece of tungsten, then zero if the trooper isn’t in a CASPer. If we’re talking the fully-loaded magazine of MAC rounds we’re going to have at our LibertyCon party, I would say most can survive five or so, depending upon rate of fire and body mass. However, this survival is likely to be more painful and the target might prefer the quick death of tungsten.
Tell me again where we can find your stuff?
- Website: Join the mailing list at https://chriskennedypublishing.com and get a free short story!
- Patreon: Joint the Patreon following at https://www.patreon.com/ChrisKennedy110 and get art and snippets before anyone else!
- Amazon Author: https://www.amazon.com/default/e/B00E4MIJA8/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChrisKennedy110
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chris.kennedy12/
Final question for you: What should I have asked but did not?
You should have asked, “Do you have any free book promotions coming up soon?”
Why yes, yes I do.
Both “Janissaries” and “Cartwright’s Cavaliers” will be free this weekend. Want to introduce someone to my writing or the 4HU? This is your chance to do it—get them to pick up a free copy this weekend!
You can find them here:
- Janissaries: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I59QVL0/
- Cartwright’s Cavaliers: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRZKM95
Thanks for reading. If you’re interested in any of the other interviews I’ve done, you can find them all here: http://robhowell.org/blog/?cat=326.
If you are a creator, especially an independent creator, and you want to be spotlighted in a future interview, email me at email@example.com.
Also, if you want to join my mailing list, where I’ll announce every interview, as well as what’s going on in my life, go to www.robhowell.org and fill out the form (Name and Email Address) or drop me an email and I’ll add you.