Week 8 of 2021
Fun and productive week here. I made significant progress in The Ravening of Wolves. The first round of edits on Across the Endless Ocean are done and it’s in the system. More on that later. Progress on other plans made, with more coming today.
The Ravening of Wolves, as I mentioned, is making progress. I hope to have a full draft done in March, and that seems increasingly likely to be middle as opposed to end.
Then I’ll be starting on some new fantasy. I have two fantasy books planned for the rest of the year. One, I’m aiming for late fall release, and the other to be released in May-ish.
That’s on top of New Mythology stuff, of course.
What I’m Listening To
Sabaton’s Heroes album. There are few more inspiring bands to write to than Sabaton for me. Amazing stuff.
Quote of the Week
Today, in 1977, the Enterprise, the Space Shuttle test vehicle, flew its first test flight. That led, of course, to Columbia. The members of Rush were at STS-1, the first launch of the Columbia, and they wrote a song about that day.
It’s especially cool to think about this with the landing of Perseverance on Mars today. It really is a magic day for the bright stuff of dreams.
“Circling choppers slash the night
With roving searchlight beams
This magic day when super-science
Mingles with the bright stuff of dreams”
New Mythology Works in Progress
Two new additions to the upcoming schedule!
- 1 March: The Watchers at War (Book 3 of the Watchers of Moniah Series by Barbara V. Evers)
- 19 March: Songs of Valor (Book 2 of the Libri Valoris anthologies with Larry Correia, David Weber, Glen Cook, Dave Butler, and Sarah Hoyt)
- 12 April: Accepted (Book 2 of the Balance of Kerr series by Kevin Steverson.
- 21 May: Across the Endless Ocean (Book 1 of the Endless Ocean series by G. Scott Huggins)
In addition, I just started editing my second accepted submission. This one is more mil-fantasy, which is something I plan on expanding in New Mythology Press. I know a bunch of our readers love mil-SF, including me, and I also love the mil-fantasy genre, so I’m going to make sure we get more read.
Rob’s Works in Progress
- The Ravening of Wolves (51,260)
- Rick Blaine (8,845)
- CB (8,418)
- Cynewulf (8,642)
- Gato (2,312)
We have a couple of titles this week. First, there’s the Trashman, first in the Hit World series by William Webb. What is the Hit World series? Well, it’s what I call genre gumbo. A little of this, a little of that, add action for spice, and let simmer for a while. You can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SVZF2HF.
Then there’s Kade, a full novel about Matthew Kade from the Fallen World series by Christopher Woods. You can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WK3B861. I warn you, the Fallen World is addictive.
Today’s Weight: 339.8 (first time in the 330s since around 2003)
Updated Word Count: 7,538
Shijuren Wiki: 725 entries
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
Currently Available Works
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2)
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3)
- “What’s in a Name” in When Valor Must Hold (An Edward prequel story)
- “An Oath’s Other Edge” in Dragons and Dribbles : A Corner Scribblers Flash Collection w/ guest author, Rob Howell
Nick Patara, PI
- Silent Knight (Nick Patara, PI, Book 1)
- Under a Midnight Clear (Nick Patara, PI, Book 2) (Forthcoming)
Four Horsemen Universe
- “Where Enemies Sit” in For a Few Credits More (Revelations Cycle, Book 7))
- “A Sword for Striking” in Luck Is Not a Factor (Four Horsemen Tales, Book 6)
- Fire From Fire Quickened” in The Gates of Hell (Four Horsemen Saga, Book 4)
- The Feeding of Sorrows (Four Horsemen Tales, Book 11)
The Phases of Mars
- “Far Better to Dare” in Those In Peril
- “In Dark’ning Storms” in To Slip the Surly Bonds
- “Here Must We Hold” in Trouble in the Wind
- “A Gift of Crimson” in Hand of Gold and Other Stories (Pussy Katnip)
- “The Chaos of Well-Seeming Forms” in We Dare
- “Nor War’s Quick Fire” in We Dare II: Semper Paratus (Forthcoming, 2020)
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to email@example.com