Week 31 of 2020
If things had gone to plan, I would have spent Monday evening trying to live up to the lyrics of the song Come and Be Welcome by Emer nic Aiden. I’d have hosted my yearly bardic circle at Pennsic, then taken my hungover self to the trim shop and done whatever setup we’d needed.
I’d have spent this week and next talking to people about my books and finishing None Call Me Mother. It’s the best workplace around, actually. I get to work, be really productive, and then afterwards I get to go sing and hang out with great people I only see this time of the year.
Ah, well. Time for me to focus on the things I can change, which has been my general philosophy for quite some time.
Finishing None Call Me Mother is something I can change. Emer has been one of those waiting patiently for me to finish it. I’ll have a draft to the editor by end of next week. Lots of little issues smoothed this week and it’s almost there.
I can also look ahead to future projects. Next big WIP will be the sequel to The Feeding of Sorrows.
Even more exciting to me is the upcoming anthology I’m editing for Chris Kennedy. It’s the sequel anthology to When Valor Must Hold and I am incredibly amazed at the authors who’ve signed up to be a part of it. David Butler, Larry Correia, David Weber, and Sarah Hoyt are all in, and there are some big names still to announce.
I am incredibly honored they all decided to join in and appreciate Chris Kennedy giving me the opportunity.
I look forward also to all the other writers who submit for the FantaSci prize. The top four will be in the anthology, with one getting chosen by the con as the best.
And with that, it’s time to go bring my sweetie some ice cream. Have a great day.
What I’m Listening To
Basil Poledouris’s excellent Conan soundtrack…. again. It’s one of the best things to listen to while writing fantasy.
Quote of the Week
“Come from the forest and sit ’round the fire
Come from the fields and enter our hall
Come drink from the guest-cup
Come join in our circle
Come and be welcome ye bards one and all”
– Emer nic Aiden
News and Works in Progress
- None Call Me Mother (136,935)
- CB (8,418)
- AOOE (1,030)
- Cynewulf (8,642)
- Gato (2,312)
Recent Blog Posts and Wiki Additions
- Luca Mrnjavcevic: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Luca-Mrnjavcevic
- Maja Mrnjavcevic: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Maja-Mrnjavcevic
- Danko Mrnjavcevic: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Danko-Mrnjavcevic
- Pathfinders: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Pathfinders
- Zweibruckenkreisen: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Zweibruckenkreisen
- Qafrianni: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Qafrianni
- Qafrianni Language: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Qafrianni-Language
- Qafric Wastes: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Qafric-Wastes
- Wenlock Mountain: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Wenlock-Mountain
- Unseen Halls: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Unseen-Halls
- Terenti Vadikovich: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Terenti-Vadikovich
- Yakim Radlanovich: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Yakim-Radlanovich
- 8 August, Olathe Writers Zoom Event
- 3-7 September, DragonCon, Atlanta, GA
CANCELED (Much sadness)
This week Ian Malone releases the third of his Mako Saga, called At Circle’s End. You can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DTYGTW2
Today’s Weight: 369.6
Updated Word Count: 82,811
Shijuren Wiki: 66 entries
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at email@example.com. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
- Website: www.robhowell.org
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rhodri2112
- Blog: www.robhowell.org/blog
- Shijuren Wiki: http://www.shijuren.org/World+
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/rob.howell1
- Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/robho
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rhodri2112
Currently Available Works
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2)
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3) Forthcoming 2020
- “What’s in a Name” in When Valor Must Hold (An Edward prequel story)
Four Horsemen Universe
- “Where Enemies Sit” in For a Few Credits More (The Four Horsemen Universe)
- “A Sword for Striking” in Luck Is Not a Factor (The Four Horsemen Universe)
- The Feeding of Sorrows (Four Horsemen Tales, Book 11)
The Phases of Mars
- “Far Better to Dare” in Those In Peril
- “In Dark’ning Storms” in To Slip the Surly Bonds
- “Here Must We Hold” in Trouble in the Wind
- “A Gift of Crimson” in Hand of Gold and Other Stories (Pussy Katnip)
- “The Chaos of Well-Seeming Forms” in We Dare
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org