Week 35 of 2018
So, I thought I had posted this on Thursday, but I apparently got distracted. Sorry this is a few days late. Ted Williams’ birthday is actually the day I wrote this, 30 August, not today.
Anyway, it was a relaxing week here in Robland. I actually took a complete day off, the first one in longer than I remember. I didn’t intend to, but I apparently needed it.
I still got a goodly amount of work done this week, and am close to finishing one of the short stories I’ve been working at thanks to help from some of my Alpha Readers.
I also started on The Feeding of Sorrows. The bad news is that I thought I had more written of it from scraps here and there, but some of that total was duplicated and part was rendered invalid by some of what happened in A Sword for Striking, the short story that was accepted for the Lyon’s Den anthologies, but I’m still aiming to be done with it by the end of September. Going to be a long haul, but I think I can do it.
I’m starting to get a bunch of irons in the fire, writing-wise. I kind of like that. I have a bunch of stories bubbling to the top and I am excited to get them on the page.
Current Playlist Song
I’m listening to the song of my people, Dallas Cowboys football. Yeah, it’s still the preseason, and yeah, it’s mostly players who will never make the team, but we are only a week away from the season. I’m so ready.
Quote of the Week
Today is the birthday of the best hitter ever, Ted Williams. He’s a fascinating guy, in part because even though his career stats were amazing, he lost 4.5 years of his prime because he was flying fighters in World War II and Korea. In Korea, one of his wingmen was John Glenn. Glenn’s wife called Williams, “the most profane man she ever met.”
– Ted Williams
News and Works in Progress
- The Feeding of Sorrows (7,395)
- CB (8,418)
- AFS (2,556)
Recent Blog Posts and Wiki Additions
- 8 September, King’s Companie of Archers, Smithville, MO
- 15-16 September, TopCon, Topeka, KS
- 8 December, Kris Kinder, Kansas City, MO https://sites.google.com/site/kriskindermarket/
- 9-16 March, Gulf Wars, Lumberton, MO
- 22-24 March, FantaSci, Raleigh, NC
This week’s spotlight was on Tom Tinney, biker and Dragon-nominated writer in like two thousand genres. You can find the interview here: http://robhowell.org/blog/?p=1336 and his Amazon page at: https://www.amazon.com/Tom-Tinney/e/B00EAWJWVM.
Today’s Weight: 381.2
Updated Word Count: 181,483
Shijuren Wiki: 874 entries
Four Horsemen Wiki: 376 entries
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
- Website: www.robhowell.org
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rhodri2112
- Blog: www.robhowell.org/blog
- Shijuren Wiki: http://www.shijuren.org/World+
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/rob.howell1
- Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/robho
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rhodri2112
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2)
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3) Forthcoming 2018
- “A Gift of Crimson” in Hand of Gold and Other Stories (Pussy Katnip)
- “Where Enemies Sit” in For a Few Credits More (The Four Horsemen Universe)
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to email@example.com