Week 13 of 2018
First, thanks to all the people who joined the mailing list at Gulf Wars. I finally got a chance to add you this week.
This week in general was a week of catching up on things that need doing. I added a new regular feature to the blog, which I hope will become a weekly event. I’ll be interviewing a number of independent creators with a partly whimsical set of questions that will still talk about different creative methods. I think it’ll be pretty fun for all of us.
The big project this week has been catching up on A Lake Most Deep audiobook files. Yes, you read that right, the audiobook is a-coming round the mountain. All the chapters have now been recorded, and I’m going through each one to catch any mistakes. I’m still not sure of a release date, but by the end of next week I will have gone through all the recordings. We’re getting close there.
That took away from my writing, though, so I’m only around 54000 words in Brief Is My Flame, though I’m really pleased with where things are going. The two main threads are both progressing, and each have the kind of action I lead to read.
If I don’t enjoy reading a book, I can’t expect you to enjoy it either, and I’m enjoying it.
Current Playlist Song
“Gaudete” by Steeleye Span
I just got a new Steeleye Span album, which I will soon add to my writing playlist. Another is on the way. If you don’t know these guys, they do a bunch of traditional English and British Isles folk songs and mixing them with the 60s and 70s folk and rock traditions. Great stuff, especially “Saucy Sailor,” one of my favorite songs.
Quote of the Week
Today is opening day of baseball. In my mind, this should be a national holiday, so this week’s quote is a longer one. However, it’s a great one, delivered by a fantastic actor.
The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it’s a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good and that could be again. Oh…people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.”
― Terence Mann (James Earl Jones), Field of Dreams
News and Works in Progress
- TAV (1,144)
- AFS (2,681)
- Brief Is My Flame (53,872)
Recent Blog Posts and Wiki Additions
- Chaz Kemp Interview: https://robhowell.org/blog/?p=976
- 20-22 April, Constellation, Lincoln, NE http://www.constellationne.
- 4-6 May, Demicon, Des Moines, IA https://demicon.org/demicon29/
- 25-27 May, ConQuest, Kansas City, MO http://www.conquestkc.org/
- 2-3 June, Wichicon, Wichita, KS http://www.wichicon.com/
- 29 June-1 July, LibertyCon, Chattanooga, TN https://libertycon.org/
- 4-8 July, Battlemoor, Buena Vista, CO http://www.battlemoor.org/
- 13-15 July, O Comic Con, Omaha, NE https://www.ocomiccon.com/
- 27 July-12 August, Pennsic War, Cooper’s Lake, PA http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn
This week’s spotlight is on Chaz Kemp, who is a great artist and also my guinea pig on the new interview feature. The interview link is here: https://robhowell.org/blog/?p=976.
Also, you can find his website here: https://www.chazkemp.com/.
Today’s Weight: 388.4
Updated Word Count: 20,753
Shijuren Wiki: 741 entries
Four Horsemen Wiki: 226 entries
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at email@example.com. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2) Forthcoming 2018
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3) Forthcoming 2018
- “Where Enemies Sit” in For a Few Credits More (The Four Horsemen Universe
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org