Week 5 of 2020
This was another week where everything went a bit wonky, though I sort of anticipated it.
I got home on Sunday from ChattaCon. I expected Monday to be a real down day as I recovered from the drive, but I was moderately productive. I had a great writing day on Tuesday.
And then Wednesday is when the fatigue hit. Ah well.
I got a bunch of writing done on Thursday, and though I never really had a chance yesterday, it wasn’t an awful week. I got almost 5k written on None Call Me Mother, along with a bunch of work on other projects.
Today is also the final day of a hectic two months since Thanksgiving. Between the holidays, I hosted 3 local SCA postrevels, went to 2 cons, wrapped up my portion of When Valor Must Hold, wrote a short story start to finish, and added 27k or so to None Call Me Mother.
27k isn’t enough for two months, really, but it’s not nothing, combined with the rest. I’ll take it.
The good news is that I’m entering my spring writing stretch with only one trip between now and the end of April, and FantaSci will be worth it.
Just keep plugging away.
What I’m Listening To
Red Sector A off A Show of Hands by Rush. Fantastic song with one of my favorite lyrics every. It’s the quote of the week, and it captures the horrors of the Holocaust in such amazing fashion.
Quote of the Week
“Sickness to insanity
Prayer to profanity”
– Rush, Red Sector A
News and Works in Progress
- None Call Me Mother (103,801)
- CB (8,418)
Recent Blog Posts and Wiki Additions
- Rob’s Ramblings (ChattaCon AAR): https://robhowell.org/blog/?p=1976
- Interview (RJ Ladon): https://robhowell.org/blog/?p=1980
- 20-22 March, FantaSci, Raleigh, NC
- 12-14 June, LibertyCon, Chattanooga, TN
- 20-28 June, Ragnarok XXXV, Slippery Rock, PA
- 24 July-9 August, Pennsic, Slippery Rock, PA
- 3-7 September, DragonCon, Atlanta, GA
This week’s spotlight is on RJ Ladon, another contributor to When Valor Must Hold with her story “Ogre’s Brownies.” You can find her interview here: https://robhowell.org/blog/?p=1980.
Today’s Weight: 398.4
Updated Word Count: 19,998
Shijuren Wiki: 874 entries
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at email@example.com. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
- Website: www.robhowell.org
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rhodri2112
- Blog: www.robhowell.org/blog
- Shijuren Wiki: http://www.shijuren.org/World+
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/rob.howell1
- Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/robho
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rhodri2112
Currently Available Works
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2)
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3) Forthcoming 2020
Four Horsemen Universe
- “Where Enemies Sit” in For a Few Credits More (The Four Horsemen Universe)
- “A Sword for Striking” in Luck Is Not a Factor (The Four Horsemen Universe)
- The Feeding of Sorrows (Four Horsemen Tales, Book 11)
The Phases of Mars
- “Far Better to Dare” in Those In Peril
- “In Dark’ning Storms” in To Slip the Surly Bonds
- “Here Must We Hold” in Trouble in the Wind
- “A Gift of Crimson” in Hand of Gold and Other Stories (Pussy Katnip)
- “The Chaos of Well-Seeming Forms” in We Dare
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org