Week 7 of 2020
It’s been one of those weeks where I’ve had to fight through getting words on the page. I’ve averaged just at 1000 words, but it’s been slow going despite staying at the keyboard.
I did make good progress on my next 4HU short story, and I’m approaching the main battle scene. I’ll have that done next week, though I’ll probably have editing yet still to do.
I also made progress in None Call Me Mother, though this was a bunch of re-arrangement. I have a thread I need to include in the final battle and getting the character there has been challenging. I *think* I have it now, but we’ll see. My word total went down, but as I’m at 108k, that’s fine.
The sweetie requested some small short stories for a project she’s working on. I got a draft of the first one of those written today. That one, at least, came out smoothly and easily.
I also wrote a draft of the Preface for When Valor Must Hold. In other words, it was not a week of legend, but I made progress.
Hopefully, the words will jump off the page next week. If not, I’ll keep plugging away.Have a great week.
What I’m Listening To
Cinderella Man by Rush off of Different Stages. A Farewell to Kings is a fantastic album and one I listen to frequently.
Quote of the Week
If there’s ever a quote an author should here, especially in a week where the words don’t come out easily, this is it.
Hang on to your plans
Try as they might
They cannot steal your dreams”
– Rush, Cinderella Man
News and Works in Progress
- None Call Me Mother (108,716)
- CB (8,418)
- FSS (5,668)
- RQS (1,312)
Recent Blog Posts and Wiki Additions
- 20-22 March, FantaSci, Raleigh, NC
- 11 April, KC Writer’s Fair, Olathe, KS
- 12-14 June, LibertyCon, Chattanooga, TN
- 20-28 June, Ragnarok XXXV, Slippery Rock, PA
- 24 July-9 August, Pennsic, Slippery Rock, PA
- 3-7 September, DragonCon, Atlanta, GA
This week’s spotlight is on Christopher Woods, whose story “Darkness Before the Dawn” inspired the cover of When Valor Must Hold. You can find that interview here: https://robhowell.org/blog/?p=2007.
Today’s Weight: 396.4
Updated Word Count: 30,443
Shijuren Wiki: Updating
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
- Website: www.robhowell.org
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rhodri2112
- Blog: www.robhowell.org/blog
- Shijuren Wiki: http://www.shijuren.org/World+
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/rob.howell1
- Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/robho
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rhodri2112
Currently Available Works
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2)
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3) Forthcoming 2020
Four Horsemen Universe
- “Where Enemies Sit” in For a Few Credits More (The Four Horsemen Universe)
- “A Sword for Striking” in Luck Is Not a Factor (The Four Horsemen Universe)
- The Feeding of Sorrows (Four Horsemen Tales, Book 11)
The Phases of Mars
- “Far Better to Dare” in Those In Peril
- “In Dark’ning Storms” in To Slip the Surly Bonds
- “Here Must We Hold” in Trouble in the Wind
- “A Gift of Crimson” in Hand of Gold and Other Stories (Pussy Katnip)
- “The Chaos of Well-Seeming Forms” in We Dare
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to email@example.com