Week 1 of 2021
Overall, this week has been fairly leisurely. I’ve taken some time off to spend with my sweetie. Been doing some reading. Truth be told, it’s been my laziest week in months.
I did get a number of things done. I have finished the new read through on A Lake Most Deep and it’ll be renewed over the next week or so. I also started with my read through of The Eyes of a Doll. Overall, I’m aiming to refresh all of the Edward books by the end of the month. Those of you who’ve purchased it already will get the new version automatically.
I started Lord of the Rings again last night. I read through the initial foreword to the 50th anniversary edition and I had to laugh. Tolkien never stopped trying to fix all the errors he found that crept in from faulty work and decisions made by editors thinking they’d be “helping.”
Makes me feel a lot better about my progress as a book creator, which is different than a writer.
Anyway, I also did some more research on effective advertising techniques. If you’ve seen my name popping up here or there a little more often, it’s not an accident as I’m prowling through the best way to do things.
This, by the way, is one reason I’m updating A Lake Most Deep. I’ve got new tools to get it in front of people. Generally, to this point, I’ve relied on you all talking about my books. You’ve done a great job, and I thank all of you who’ve given me a review and pushed my stuff on your friends. Actually, I can’t thank you enough, but I’ll certainly try.
I did get some new words written on The Ravening of Wolves and I’ve thought through some of the blocks that have been holding me up. I really want to get it done quickly because I have another Edward book demanding to get written.
What I’m Listening To
It’s a great day for football! I actually got a 7-day free trial of Fubo in order to watch football this weekend.
Quote of the Week
Here’s the verse of Auld Lang Syne that seems apt this year.
“We twa hae run about the braes,
and pou’d the gowans fine;
But we’ve wander’d mony a weary fit,
sin’ auld lang syne.”
News and Works in Progress
- The Ravening of Wolves (29,189)
- Rick Blaine (8,845)
- CB (8,418)
- Cynewulf (8,642)
- Gato (2,312)
Recent Blog Posts and Wiki Additions
- 2020 Review: https://robhowell.org/blog/?p=2211
- Samiel’s Castle: https://shijuren.org/tiki-index.php?page=Samiel%27s-Castle
Today’s Weight: 348.0
2021 Word Count: 1,467
Shijuren Wiki: 725 entries
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at email@example.com. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
Currently Available Works
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2)
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3)
- “What’s in a Name” in When Valor Must Hold (An Edward prequel story)
- “An Oath’s Other Edge” in Dragons and Dribbles : A Corner Scribblers Flash Collection w/ guest author, Rob Howell
Nick Patara, PI
- Silent Knight (Nick Patara, PI, Book 1)
- Under a Midnight Clear (Nick Patara, PI, Book 2) (Forthcoming)
Four Horsemen Universe
- “Where Enemies Sit” in For a Few Credits More (Revelations Cycle, Book 7))
- “A Sword for Striking” in Luck Is Not a Factor (Four Horsemen Tales, Book 6)
- Fire From Fire Quickened” in The Gates of Hell (Four Horsemen Saga, Book 4)
- The Feeding of Sorrows (Four Horsemen Tales, Book 11)
The Phases of Mars
- “Far Better to Dare” in Those In Peril
- “In Dark’ning Storms” in To Slip the Surly Bonds
- “Here Must We Hold” in Trouble in the Wind
- “A Gift of Crimson” in Hand of Gold and Other Stories (Pussy Katnip)
- “The Chaos of Well-Seeming Forms” in We Dare
- “Nor War’s Quick Fire” in We Dare II: Semper Paratus (Forthcoming, 2020)
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org