Week 24 of 2021
I’ve been working on a story for Kevin Steverson’s Salvage Title universe. This is probably the most whimsical story I’ve ever written and it’s mostly done.
Of course, the reason I’m writing last week’s update on a Monday is things have been wonderfully awesome and crazy in my world. This weekend was ConFinement in Nashville. That went very well, I sold lots, but more importantly, I loved feeding off the enthusiasm so many writers have for New Mythology Press.
In truth, that’s been the best part of taking this position. The energy thrown my way from fans and writers has been amazing. I can’t wait to have some of this stuff turn into fruition to reward everyone.
Of course, my big thing last week is the release of The Ravening of Wolves. The first week has gone very well. In fact, I hit 40 reviews and ratings today. 40! That seems really fast to me. Thanks to all who’ve read and reviewed. I really appreciate it.
If you haven’t read it, by the way, it’s here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097C3BP3F.
Why am I sitting at a bar in Florida, you ask? It’s because tomorrow I go to the Lie’brary at Beck for Lasers and Lagers. Thanks to Ian J. Malone for organizing this and I’m glad it worked out that I could come. I’ll be posting from there tomorrow. Also, we’ll do our Dudes in Hyperspace podcast from there, so expect some special awesomeness.
But for now, I’d better write.
What I’m Listening To
Songs they’re playing overhead. Been a nice mix, but of course, there’s Jimmy Buffett so that has to be the quote of the week.
Quote of the Week
And of course, that means I *have* to quote from Margaritaville.
I blew out my flip flop
Stepped on a pop top
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home
But there’s booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on
― Jimmy Buffett, Margaritaville
New Mythology Works in Progress
Current open anthology calls:
As mentioned, I’ve been blown away from the response of so many with New Mythology. I got 4 new stories over the weekend, plus a couple of novel-length submissions. Can’t wait to dive into those.
Rob’s Works in Progress
- CWTAE (7,885)
- Rick Blaine (8,845)
- CB (8,418)
- CSC (1,283)
- MON (829)
- Lasers & Lagers, 29 June, Panama City, FL
- InConJunction, 2-4 July, Indianapolis, IN
- Salina Comicon, 10-11 July, Salina, KS
- Armistice, 29 July to 9 August, Slippery Rock, PA
- DragonCon, 2-6 September, Atlanta, GA
- FactoryCon, 22-24 October, Coinjock, NC
Details in the CKP – Factory Floor on Facebook.
- 20BooksTo50K, 8-12 November, Las Vegas, NV
The reviews to John Siers’s The Moon and Beyond have suggested it’s reminiscent of Heinlein. I look forward to testing that suggestion. You can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097QMN7PJ and test it yourself.
Today’s Weight: 334.2
Updated Word Count: 160,689
Shijuren Wiki: 733 entries
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at email@example.com. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
Currently Available Works
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2)
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3)
- “What’s in a Name” in When Valor Must Hold (An Edward prequel story)
- “An Oath’s Other Edge” in Dragons and Dribbles : A Corner Scribblers Flash Collection w/ guest author, Rob Howell
Nick Patara, PI
- Silent Knight (Nick Patara, PI, Book 1)
- Under a Midnight Clear (Nick Patara, PI, Book 2) (Forthcoming)
Four Horsemen Universe
- “Where Enemies Sit” in For a Few Credits More (Revelations Cycle, Book 7))
- “A Sword for Striking” in Luck Is Not a Factor (Four Horsemen Tales, Book 6)
- Fire From Fire Quickened” in The Gates of Hell (Four Horsemen Saga, Book 4)
- The Feeding of Sorrows (Four Horsemen Tales, Book 11)
The Phases of Mars
- “Far Better to Dare” in Those In Peril
- “In Dark’ning Storms” in To Slip the Surly Bonds
- “Here Must We Hold” in Trouble in the Wind
- “A Gift of Crimson” in Hand of Gold and Other Stories (Pussy Katnip)
- “The Chaos of Well-Seeming Forms” in We Dare
- “Nor War’s Quick Fire” in We Dare II: Semper Paratus (Forthcoming, 2020)
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org