Week 3 of 2019
I’m sitting at my booth at Menhir, an SCA event in Murfreesboro, TN as I’m winding my way to ChattaCon next weekend.
This has been a good week for me. I’ve managed to get a solid number of words written and fixed a number of plot issues in The Feeding of Sorrows. j
Also, the cover for Those In Peril, the alternate naval history anthology that includes my story “Far Better to Dare, was released. As you can see, the cover is really cool and I’m excited to be a part of the project. Also, “Far Better to Dare” is perhaps my favorite story that I’ve written so far.
This week I’ll be working on two projects. One, throwing more words at the page on The Feeding of Sorrows. I’ll be in a sort of writer’s retreat this week and anticipate major progress.
Second, I’ll be mostly alone, so I can read The Eyes of a Doll out loud without annoying anyone. It’s time to do a re-edit of it so I can get new stock for Gulf Wars.
With that, I better start focusing on customers passing by. Have a great week, everyone.
Current Playlist Song
I don’t have any music right now, nor did I listen to any music on the drive. Instead, I listened to Dune. It’s been over twenty years since I read it and some intriguing comments by Christopher Ruocchio on Twitter brought it to mind. I had an Audible credit, so…
One interesting note about Audible books is the detail to me. I have a tendency to read the gestalt of a paragraph instead of every word. I miss some details here and there, but it suits my need for speed. With audiobooks, that’s not an option, so it gives me an interesting perspective, especially on books as deep as Dune.
Quote of the Week
Dune is, of course, full of great quotes. This is one describes part of the challenge of a writer, I think.
“Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.”
News and Works in Progress
- The Feeding of Sorrows (58,516)
- CB (8,418)
- AFS (2,556)
Recent Blog Posts and Wiki Additions
- Interview (Cedar Sanderson): https://robhowell.org/blog/?p=1634
- Ended up not doing a Mag Review because I was driving Thursday and Friday.
- 25-27 January, ChattaCon, Chattanooga, TN
- 9-16 March, Gulf Wars, Lumberton, MO
- 22-24 March, FantaSci, Raleigh, NC
- 29-31 March, Planet Comicon, Kansas City, MO
- 31 May-2 June, LibertyCon, Chattanooga, TN
This week’s spotlight is on Cedar Sanderson, one of my favorite people out there. You can find her interview at: https://robhowell.org/blog/?p=1634
Today’s Weight: 384.2
2019 Word Count: 12,415
Shijuren Wiki: 879 entries
Four Horsemen Wiki: 518 entries
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at email@example.com. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
- Website: www.robhowell.org
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rhodri2112
- Blog: www.robhowell.org/blog
- Shijuren Wiki: http://www.shijuren.org/World+
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/rob.howell1
- Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/robho
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rhodri2112
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2)
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3) Forthcoming 2019
- “A Gift of Crimson” in Hand of Gold and Other Stories (Pussy Katnip)
- “Where Enemies Sit” in For a Few Credits More (The Four Horsemen Universe)
- “A Sword for Striking” in Luck Is Not a Factor (The Four Horsemen Universe)
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org