Week 38 of 2018
This was not my best week ever. I caught a bit of con crud at TopCon and never really got myself going. That’s one reason why every one of my weekly posts happened today. Sorry about that.
I don’t get con crud often, and this time was kind of odd because the con had very little traffic. I sold enough, I suppose, but only because it was close enough for me to stay at home.
However, I’m glad I went because I got to hang out several friends, including James L. Young and Christopher Woods. In fact, Young helped me add a new event, the Great Plains Renaissance Festival in Wichita next weekend. If you’re in Wichita, come on by, I’ll be in the Author’s Pavilion.
Anyway, I didn’t get much written or done, which is annoying. My big accomplishment was making sure my sweetie got fed. That’s about it, though it’s important.
Today, I’m watching football and catching up with stuff, including my update. One thing I’m doing now is trying some new social media things. You’ll see me using hashtags much more often. Here are some you’ll see from now on.
- #RobInterviewsCreators: My weekly interviews
- #RobsReviews: Primarily for my magazine reviews, but I’ll tag anything I review on this blog
- #RobsUpdate: These reviews.
- #Shijuren: Anything related to me or Shijuren
I’ve also added the ability for you to share my posts at the bottom of each entry. If you like what I’m doing, please don’t hesitate to share.
It’s Cowboys v. Seattle, so I’m going to pay attention to that and write later. Have a great day.
Current Playlist Song
Since I’m watching the Cowboys game right now, I’m going to chat about my listening habits of late. Thanks to a buddy’s suggestion, I’ve been listening to Rush in album order. I keep forgetting just how good some songs I don’t listen to often actually are, especially in the context of the album. Clockwork Angels continues to amaze. It really is the best album of all time.
Quote of the Week
Friday (when I was supposed to my update) was the release of The Hobbit in 1937, so this one was easy.
In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort
– J.R.R. Tolkien
News and Works in Progress
- RTM (3,416)
- The Feeding of Sorrows (approx. 20,000)
- CB (8,418)
- AFS (2,556)
Recent Blog Posts and Wiki Additions
- 29-30 September, Great Plains Renaissance Festival, Wichita, KS https://www.greatplainsrenfest.com/
- 8 December, Kris Kinder, Kansas City, MO https://sites.google.com/site/kriskindermarket/
- 9-16 March, Gulf Wars, Lumberton, MO
- 22-24 March, FantaSci, Raleigh, NC
This week’s spotlight is on Mel Todd, and it’s one of the more fun interviews I’ve had. You can find it here: https://robhowell.org/blog/?p=1401.
Today’s Weight: 384.2
Updated Word Count: 1057
Shijuren Wiki: 874 entries
Four Horsemen Wiki: 417 entries
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
- Website: www.robhowell.org
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rhodri2112
- Blog: www.robhowell.org/blog
- Shijuren Wiki: http://www.shijuren.org/World+
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/rob.howell1
- Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/robho
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rhodri2112
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2)
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3) Forthcoming 2018
- “A Gift of Crimson” in Hand of Gold and Other Stories (Pussy Katnip)
- “Where Enemies Sit” in For a Few Credits More (The Four Horsemen Universe)
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to email@example.com