Week 14 of 2018
It’s been a good productive week here. I made progress on Brief Is My Flame, some of which moved to None Call Me Mother.
One of the challenges to writing these books is that I have some clues and hints that I want to spread out to the end of both books. At end, you’ll all find out the answer to the riddle, but I want to make it possible to answer before the conclusion of None Call Me Mother. It’s like my mysteries. I want it possible for readers to figure out the answer, but I want to make it difficult.
This week I did quite a bit of filling in hints and tidbits that will ultimately show up as a chain. Often, as in the mysteries, it’s simply an adjective here, an adverb there, or one more sentence.
I like that part quite a bit, so it was especially fun to play around this week.
Anyway, I also threw about 1000 words at the Four Horsemen novel I’ve been planning. For that one, when I have a chunk jumping to come out, it’s stupid for me not to write it, even though I’m aiming to finish around Thanksgiving.
This past weekend was Easter and, to be honest, my sweetie and I simply lazed about together. We made Easter baskets for each other, which was fun for all of us, though there is some discussion as to who gets one of the stuffed sheep. It should be me, of course, but border raiding has commenced.
This week I’ll keep plugging away. I’m over the top of the hill, and looking down. A long way to go, but I can see the ending.
Current Playlist Song
“Rescue Me,” by KXM. I picked up KXM because the musicians in it all play in bands I really like. The least of those bands is Dokken, but I’ve always enjoyed George Lynch’s guitar work. Korn is fantastic, especially in their way of melding sounds that should not work together in way to make the whole greater than the sum. Ray Luzier is their drummer. Finally, there’s Dug Pinnick, who comes from King’s X. If it weren’t for Rush, King’s X might be my favorite band.
Anyway, these guys seem to view KXM as a place that they can push their own personal boundaries without necessarily sticking to the sound of their regular work. It’s great stuff.
Quote of the Week
Today is the birthday of Bert Blyleven. When I was young, he pitched for the Texas Rangers and became one of my favorite players. I loved Chris Berman’s nickname for him: Bert “Be Home” Blyleven. I also loved watching his incredible curveball. He’s an interesting guy, too, which you know if you listen to him call Minnesota Twins games. How interesting? Well, here’s what he said about baseball’s Hall of Fame:
“Getting into the Hall of Fame won’t change me. I’m still going to pass gas and pick my nose like I always do.” – Bert Blyleven
News and Works in Progress
- TAV (2,007)
- AFS (2,681)
- Brief Is My Flame (54,424)
Recent Blog Posts and Wiki Additions
- Interview: Tiffanie Gray: https://robhowell.org/blog/?p=1004
- Werner Alscher: http://robhowell.org/shijuren/Werner+Alscher
- Walter Alscher: http://robhowell.org/shijuren/Walter+Alscher
- Irakliy Irakliyevich: http://robhowell.org/shijuren/Irakliy+Irakliyevich
- Boyar: http://robhowell.org/shijuren/boyar
- 20-22 April, Constellation, Lincoln, NE http://www.constellationne.
- 4-6 May, Demicon, Des Moines, IA https://demicon.org/demicon29/
- 25-27 May, ConQuest, Kansas City, MO http://www.conquestkc.org/
- 2-3 June, Wichicon, Wichita, KS http://www.wichicon.com/
- 29 June-1 July, LibertyCon, Chattanooga, TN https://libertycon.org/
- 4-8 July, Battlemoor, Buena Vista, CO http://www.battlemoor.org/
- 13-15 July, O Comic Con, Omaha, NE https://www.ocomiccon.com/
- 27 July-12 August, Pennsic War, Cooper’s Lake, PA http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn
This week’s spotlight is on Tiffanie Gray, a creator who does a ton of things. She was the subject of this week’s interview at: https://robhowell.org/blog/?p=1004. You can find her books at: https://www.amazon.com/Tiffanie-Gray/e/B00QXY9BXO/, but please go to the interview page and see all of the various links to her media that are.
Today’s Weight: 389.8
Updated Word Count: 23,843
Shijuren Wiki: 745 entries
Four Horsemen Wiki: 255 entries
Let me know if you have any suggestions on the website, this email, or cool story ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Especially let me know of suggestions you have for the Spotlight section.
Have a great week, everyone.
Author of the Shijuren-series of novels
- A Lake Most Deep (Edward, Book 1)
- The Eyes of a Doll (Edward, Book 2)
- Where Now the Rider (Edward, Book 3)
- I Am a Wondrous Thing (The Kreisens, Book 1)
- Brief Is My Flame (The Kreisens, Book 2) Forthcoming 2018
- None Call Me Mother (The Kreisens, Book 3) Forthcoming 2018
- “Where Enemies Sit” in For a Few Credits More (The Four Horsemen Universe)
If you think you received this email incorrectly or wish to be unsubscribed, please send an email to email@example.com